A booklet for joint replacement patients
Are you waiting for a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon?
Are you scheduled for surgery?
Would you like to know what that entails?
If you've answered yes to any of these questions, the Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation has a booklet to help you learn what's ahead, and how to prepare for it.
"Planning for Maximal Results" is both a learning resource and a diary that you can use to document your experience, questions, and progress toward regaining your mobility. This 40 page booklet contains:
- how to compile your own medical history
- questions to ask at your first appointment, before consent, and about recovery
- what to expect before, during, and after surgery
- checklists of what to prepare beforehand and what to bring to the hospital
- potential complications and how to watch for them
- tips for recovery
- diary of your progress
- additional resources that may help you
To download a copy to your computer, click here:
To have a copy mailed to you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-461-3639 ext. 1 and provide your name and mailing address